4/1/08

Rivers are Rising



Hello Everyone

As Spring begins to emerge and winter retreats for another year we are blessed with the rising waters of the melting snows. As I drive through the country side here on the southern edge of Georgian Bay I can see the rising levels of the many creeks and rivers that flow towards the clear waters of Lake Huron. I cannot help but feel thankful to live and play in such a beautiful part of the world. Already I am planning short paddles on these rushing currents and look forward to dipping my paddle in the icey waters of the spring runoff.
This is a time of year that I remember what it feels like to move swiftly down a river while constantly looking ahead and reading the story of the ripples, ebbs and flows of the water. It makes me truly come alive and feel a connection to nature that only comes with canoeing. We can connect with nature in many ways, this is just one of the ways that I enjoy immersing myself in the spring season and the re-birth of Creation.
In the coming weeks I would like to post some of my paddling experiences here. I'm not planning any extended trips, but do plan on getting out as much as possible to explore the many paddling experiences available here in Grey County.

Until next time

Happy Paddling

No comments: